3 Dine Out Options Singaporeans Can Go On This Vesak Day
Happy hump day in advance! You know what that means. We are half way through the week and closer to the weekends!
But what’s better than hump day is… a public holiday! It’s Vesak Day tomorrow, May 10, 2017.
On this day, Buddhists in Singapore and all over the world honour the birth, illumination and death of Buddha on Vesak day – a time of joy, peace and reflection.
In short, it’s a public holiday tomorrow and if you are short of plans, we’ve got you covered. Whether your celebration or not, nothing beats spending time with your loved ones over a scrumptious meal.
We’ve taken the liberty to suss out 3 eateries ranging from Japan cuisine to fancy dining experience that you can check out this Vesak Day.
1. The Ramen Stall – Japanese Restaurant (Halal Certified)
Bring your whole family to The Ramen Stall to enjoy a good slurp of ramen. The Ramen Stall is a sister restaurant to The Ramen House, which is located at Short Street near the famous Rochor Beancurd.
This is one of the few Halal certified ramen restaurant in Singapore, and they are open until 6am. If you will be out partying tonight, you can hop right over for some comfort food. Yes, you read that right.
- The Ramen Stall, 787 North Bridge Road, Singapore 198755
- Make reservation via their hotline (+65-66 55 08 00)
- Opening Hours: 5pm-6am (Mon-Fri), 12pm-6am (Sat,Sun,PH)
- Kaisen Don (S$16.90)
- Beef Ramen (S$12.90)
- Dry Ramen (S$11)
- Volcano Ramen (S$11)
- Add On: Hokkaido Chicken Strips (S$8.90)
- Drinks: Juice (S$3.80 each) = S$15.20
- Total: S$89 +- (Including service charge & GST)
Tips: Enjoy 10% off your bill by following and like Che Mel Dean’s Facebook and Instagram.
2. The Dempsey Cookhouse & Bar-Chef Jean-Georges Vongerichten
One of New York’s acclaimed Michelin-starred and most celebrated chefs, Jean-Georges Vongertichten has opened The Dempsey Cookhouse & Bar at COMO Dempsey.
The setting of the place is casual with menu collection of dishes from the chef’s signature dishes.
If you are looking for some fancy gastronomic experience, like egg caviar, then make your reservation now.
The exquisite egg caviar is definitely worth the wait. Served with the top of the egg shell removed, piped in with whipped cream with hints of vodka and lemon juice, topped with a teaspoon of caviar – it’s quite an experience for your taste buds.
- The Dempsey Cookhouse & Bar, Block 17D Dempsey Road Singapore 249676
- Tel: 1800 304 55 88
- Opening Hours:
- Lunch: 12pm-2.30pm (Mon-Sun)
- Dinner: 6pm-9.30pm (Sun-Thu) / 6pm-10.30pm (Fri, Sat, PH)
- Appetizer: Guacamole with Tortillas (S$14)
- Egg Caviar (S$38)
- Black Truffle and Fontina Cheese Pizza (S$26)
- Total: S$92 +- (Including service charge & GST), excluding drinks
Tips: Most of the time it’s fully booked but you can try walk in to the bar and you might just score a seat! Also, enjoy cash back up to 8% when you dine out with Citi Cash Back Card!
Up to 8% cash back on dining and groceries spend dailyEnjoy 20% cash back on Grab rides & Up to S$120 cash back + 7 FREE Grab rides.
3. Café Hop to Châteraisé Café Singapore
Using fresh eggs, milk and ingredients all the way from Japan, Châteraisé has taken the republic island by storm. The best thing to do on this off day is to bring your whole family and indulge in the sweet taste of a wide range and delicious desserts.
Châteraisé Toa Payoh outlet was recently opened and it’s quite different from other outlets. It has a sit-down café that enables us to enjoy the fluffiness of the cakes there instead of take away.
They’re serving cakes ranging from high quality desserts, which are pretty to look at and of course, not overly priced. The cakes in Singapore are imported directly from Japan.
Not only that, if you’re a fan of “Baked Cheese Tart”, made with Hokkaido milk, French cream cheese and custard cream, you can get it at Toa Payoh café outlet.
They’re priced at S$3.00, which is 50 cents cheaper than their competitor, BAKE Cheese Tart.
To top of the creaminess of the cheese tarts, you should match it with their Hokkaido Milk Latte, Caramel Latte or Coffee with Hokkaido Fresh cream!
- Châteraisé Café Singapore, Blk 490, Toa Payoh Lorong 6, #01-15, Singapore 310490
- Opening Hours: 9am-9.30pm, daily
- Drinks: Hokkaido Milk Latte, Caramel Latte, Vanilla Latte (From S$5)
- Baked cheese tart (S$3.00 each)
- Matcha Double Fantasy Cream Puff (S$1.90)
Tips: Different counter to order cakes and different counter for coffee.
Families or friends that eat together and spend time together, stay together. And nothing is better than spending time on a holiday to strengthen our connections with family members and friends even it’s just for a day.
Also, make sure you’re packed with the best dining credit cards in Singapore to enjoy the perks of cash back from dining, if you’re thinking to dine out tomorrow (10th May).