What Can You Do With Your EZ Link Card?
Fast, efficient, smooth and rewarding are the top words that can be used to describe the EZ Link card.
It is an integral part of the lives of many Singaporeans today and most users are familiar with its well- established benefits.
However, are you putting your EZ Link card to full use?’
Maximising the usage of your EZ Link card
1. Contactless, seamless transportation throughout the island
From buses to ERPs, having an EZ Link card will save you loads of time, money and energy.
All you need to do is tap the payment panel as you enter the bus or the MRT platform and tap once again as you leave to complete the transaction. The payment will be automatically deducted from your card. Compared to using cash, EZ Link card gives you added savings on fares and if you are a frequent public transportation user, you will enjoy greater savings using the EZ Link card.
Taxis and private transport agencies are also accepting payments via EZ Link cards. Some of the merchants are Advance Coach, City Bus Services, Hui Leong Bus Transport Services, Narayn Hare Pte Ltd, Singapore River Cruise, The Singapore-Johore Express Pte Ltd, and Woodlands Transport Service Pte Ltd.
EPS car parks, ERP and Vehicle Entry Permit (VEP) payments can also be made using your EZ Link card. Check if the car park terminal has CEPAS logo, tap at the gantry as you enter and be done with your parking charges. As for ERP, you can pass through without interruption if you use your EZ Link card in the Dual-Mode In-vehicle Unit (IU). Driving in and out of Singapore will become seamless if you can pay the toll charges using your EZ Link card.
2. EZ way to pay for your food
As Singapore moves towards building a cashless ecosystem throughout the island, having an EZ Link card will enable you to pay for your food at fast food outlets, convenience stores, vending machines and even hawker centres. All you need to do is tap your card on the existing NETS terminals.
Some of the places you can pay using your EZ Link card are Kentucky Fried Chicken, Gong Cha, Tanjong Pagar Plaza Food Centre, Chinatown Food Street, Holland Drive Food Centre, Toa Payoh Lorong 8 Market and Hawker Centre, and Taman Jurong Food Centre, to name a few.
Not to forget, canteens at various polytechnics and universities accept the card too. The next time you go out for a makan session, just whip out your EZ Link card at the counter!
3. Shop and play using EZ Link card
Yes, you read that right. From minimarts to yoga classes, EZ Link card is there to save your day.
Vendors such as Bally Photo Electronics Pte Ltd, District5 Pte Ltd, Homeplus Solution Pte Ltd, Pacific Book Stores Pte Ltd, Timezone Singapore Pte Ltd and Vel Murugan Trading as well as sports facilities such as Aesthetics Fitness Pte Ltd, F1 Recreation Gym, Real Yoga Pte Ltd, Singapore Sports Council, and Singapore Turf Club accept payments done via EZ Link cards. You don’t have to worry if you have enough cash and you don’t have to carry bulky wallets and purses when you are out and about.
4. Gain access to other services with EZ Link card
You can now whiz your way through government and community services with your EZ Link card.
Some of the places that you can put your EZ Link card to good use are Ng Teng Fong General Hospital, Supreme Court Of Singapore, Land Transport Authority, community clubs as well as regional and public libraries across the country.
More gains with the EZ Link app
Source: Google Play
It is obvious that having an EZ Link card will make your daily life easier.
What’s even better is that you can benefit more by installing the EZ Link app into your smartphone.
1. You can auto-reload your EZ Link card for free by linking your Mastercard or Visa card through the app. The system known as EZ-Reload automatically tops up your EZ-Link card when it has insufficient value. It’s a hassle-free method to top up your card especially when you are running late. During peak hours, it prevents you from queueing up and wasting precious time at ticketing machines and counters.
Alternatively, you can also EZ-Reload using your American Express/Diners Club and GIRO. However, these options come with a minimal processing fee and involves application process detailed at the official EZ Link website.
2. You can earn EZ Link Rewards with the EZ Link app. Upon installing the EZ Link app and key-ing in the 16-digit CAN ID found behind your card, you will start earning 1 point for every S$0.10 you spend using your EZ Link card. You can then convert your accumulated points to rewards of your choice.
3. Via the app, you can also be up-to-date with your spending.You will be able to track all the transactions made using the EZ Link card. This way, you can manage your finances better.
Things to note:
1. The card costs RM5 and when you buy an EZ Link card you will have to pay RM10 or RM12 (TransitLink Ticket Offices, Concession Card Replacement Offices and Passenger Service Centres sells the card for S$12 while 7-Eleven sells for S$10) of which the card cost of RM5 is non-refundable.
2. The minimum value of the card is S$3 while the maximum value is S$500.
3. Tourists travelling in Singapore will be better off using the EZ Link card if they are staying long enough to outspend the cost of the card (RM5).