SilkAir To Transfer Several Routes To Scoot, Amid Other Route Changes
Ahead of a merger between Singapore Airlines (SIA) and SilkAir, Scoot will take over several SikAir routes over the next two years, in addition to transferring some of its services to existing destinations served by SIA and SilkAir.
The following route tranfers will take place between April 2019 and the second half of 2020:
From SilkAir to Scoot:
• Luang Prabang and Vientiane in Laos, in April 2019
• Coimbatore, Trivandrum and Visakhapatnam in India, between May 2019 and October 2019
• Changsha, Fuzhou, Kunming and Wuhan in China, between May 2019 and June 2019
• Chiang Mai in Thailand, in October 2019
• Kota Kinabalu in Malaysia, in December 2019
• Balikpapan, Lombok, Makassar, Manado, Semarang and Yogyakarta in Indonesia, between May 2020 and July 2020
From Scoot to SIA:
• Bengaluru and Chennai in India, in May 2019 and May 2020
From Scoot to SilkAir
• Shenzhen in China, from June 2019
• Kochi in India, from October 2019
Meanwhile, Scoot will suspend its Honolulu route from June next year due to weak demand, while SilkAir will be converting its Mandalay route to a seasonal service.
According to SIA, these changes are the result of a review to “identify which airlines in its portfolio are best suited to meet evolving customer demand”.
SIA chief executive Goh Choon Phong said that the route review will strengthen the SIA Group for the long term.
Customers affected by the route changes will be given the option to switch to the new flights where possible or be refunded.
Main photo credit: Simon_sees