Don’t Miss These Year-End Sales In Singapore
If you’ve been holding off on major purchases for most of the year, here’s your chance to snag the best deals of 2018. Come November and December, retailers are offering huge discounts for nearly the entire year-end season.
Here are the dates you’ll want to look out for:
Best November and December sales in Singapore
|11 November||Singles’ Day Sales|
|23 November||Black Friday|
|22 – 25 November||SITEX 2018|
|26 November||Cyber Monday|
|12 December||Online Fever Sales|
Singles’ Day Sales: 11 November
The year-end splurging kicks off with Singles’ Day Sales, where you’ll find a ton of discounts on various online shopping platforms. Here are some of the best deals this season:
- AliExpress: Up to 70% off at 70,000 stores.
- Hotels.com: Up to 70% off.
- Lazada: Up to 90% off. Start browsing Lazada now to collect vouchers or to check out daily flash deals.
- Sephora: Apart from discounts on cosmetics, shoppers can already start redeeming free makeup or limited edition gift boxes with a minimum spend of S$150.
- Shopback: Shopback is currently offering special deals and cashback rates for Singles’ Day.
- Shopee: Up to 90% off. Daily flash deals have already started. Stack with these vouchers for even greater savings.
- Taobao: Dirt-cheap items on Taobao are now even cheaper. (Don’t read Chinese? We’ve got you covered.)
- Qoo10: Qoo10 offers a wide range of discounts with lots of opportunities to shop and win prizes. If you’re an American Express, Standard Chartered, HSBC, UOB, Bank of China, Citi, Maybank or DBS credit cardholder, you can claim coupons and other promotions.
- Zalora: Sales start early, with daily flash sales starting from 8 November.
Black Friday: 23 November
Online stores and brick-and-mortar shops alike will be marking down prices for Black Friday. While Black Friday sales in Singapore don’t attract the kind of human stampedes that inevitably happen every year in America, stores like Robinsons do attract crowds that camp out for hours.
If you’re not keen on jostling with the sweaty masses, you can also get great discounts from online retailers like Amazon, Lazada, Zalora, Shopee and Q0010. Sales typically continue through to Cyber Monday, where you can score tech items at reduced prices.
SITEX 2018: 22 – 25 November
One of Singapore’s biggest tech exhibitions is back again in town. Apart from the usual gadgets and computer accessories, check out SITEX for interesting technology showcases. This year’s Sensory Immersion showcase promises to bring “portable audio and noise cancelling technology to a whole new level”.
22 – 25 November 2018
Singapore EXPO Halls 5 & 6
11am – 9pm daily
Cyber Monday: 26 November
Can’t be bothered with the queues on Black Friday, and too lazy to check out SITEX? You can still score great deals on Cyber Monday from your favourite online retailers.
Online Fever Sales: 12 December
If you’ve been tardy with your Christmas shopping – or if you’re simply looking for another reason to splurge – online retailers will be offering discounts once again on the 12th of December.
How to get the most out of the year-end sales
1. Put items in your cart
Start marking your favourite items by adding them to your wishlist or shopping cart. It’ll help you keep track of what you want, as well as provide notifications when discounts are being offered.
2. Use a freight forwarding service
If you’ve found a great Black Friday or Cyber Monday deal on an international site that, alas, doesn’t offer international shipping, you’ll want to make use of a freight forwarding service. Freight forwarders work by giving you an address (eg, a US address) that you can ship your item to. The freight forwarder receives your item, and then ships it to you in Singapore.
3. Compare prices
It’s sales season everywhere, so even if you find something you like that’s marked down, chances are it’s on sale somewhere else too.
4. Look at historical price trends
How do you know if a particular discount is genuine, or if prices were hiked up just before the sale? Besides comparing prices on other online retailers, you can also check out historical price trends.
5. Stack the savings with these online tools
Cashback rates can range from 2% to 20%, so it’s worth checking them out.
6. Wield the right cards
Some credit cards will offer special promotions for shopping at specific retailers, so you’ll want to take advantage of those.
In addition, using a cashback credit card can really maximise your savings this season. Alternatively, rack those miles for that dream vacation in the upcoming year by spending with your travel credit card.
Up to 3.5% cash back on purchases and online spendingEnjoy 1-for-1 offers on dining, travel, entertainment and more
The year-end season is a good opportunity to stock up on essentials or netting the occasional luxury buy at great prices, but try not to go overboard! It’s also a great time to start reviewing your finances – perhaps it’s time you start building your emergency fund or kickstart an investment portfolio.