MyRepublic Frequently Asked Questions
Why should I choose MyRepublic Fibre Broadband?
MyRepublic offers fast and stable speeds. They do not throttle or limit speeds. Instead, they employ a flexible traffic priority system to ensure that time-sensitive applications – like video streaming – run smoothly while being flexible for heavy data usage like P2P file sharing.
What plans does MyRepublic Fibre Broadband offer?
For residential users, MyRepublic offers 1Gbps plans, in addition to a Dual Fibre Broadband 1Gbps plan that provides two 1Gbps-powered routers for greater wireless coverage in your home.
For business consumers, MyRepublic offers 300Mbps, 500Mbps and 1Gbps broadband plans.
What rebates, discounts or promotions does MyRepublic Fibre Broadband offer?
Depending on the broadband plan that you sign up with, you may be entitled to the following:
- Free TP Installation (worth up to S$160.50) for new customers
- Free home phone line with unlimited local calls
- New router discounts of up to S$250
- Free 24-month TVB Anywhere Premium subscription with 1Gbps Fibre Broadband at S$44.99/mth
- Microsoft Surface Go at S$100 (UP S$618) with 1Gbps Fibre Broadband at S$58.99/month
- Free Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.5” with 1Gbps Fibre Broadband at S$54.99/month
- Free PlayStation®4 Pro + 1 DUALSHOCK®4 Wireless controller + 1 year warranty (worth S$599) with subscription to GAMER 1Gbps fibre broadband at $69.99/month
- AFTERSHOCK Ultraportable APEX-15 Gaming Laptop at S$989 (worth S$2,319) with subscription to GAMER 1Gbps fibre broadband at $79.99/month
What other services or add-ons does MyRepublic offer?
MyRepublic also offers the following as add-ons to their broadband plans:
- Home Voice. Internet-based phone service that offers free unlimited local calls and affordable rates for international calls.
- Static IP.MyRepublic offers all customers a Static IP at no monthly cost if you pay a one-time installation charge of S$50.
- F-Secure.An internet solution for PCs, Macs, smartphones and tablets. Signing up for F-Secure through MyRepublic will get you a free 3-month trial and 60% off F-Secure plans.
- VyprVPN.Bypass censorship and geo-restrictions, as well as ensure browsing privacy and security with a VPN. When you sign up for VyprVPN via MyRepublic, you’ll get 25% off your yearly subscription and free 1GB data.
- MySafeParental control software that protects all internet-enabled devices in your household.
Does MyRepublic impose download limits or throttle traffic?
MyRepublic does not cap or throttle downloads. While they do not throttle traffic, they do employ a flexible traffic data prioritisation system which allows P2P file-sharing applications to run as fast as possible as long as they do not disrupt higher priority applications such as video streaming or gaming.
How soon can I expect my fibre broadband to be installed?
MyRepublic will take 3 working days to process your order before it is confirmed.
If you have a TP installed in your home, the estimated installation date after your order is confirmed is 7 working days if there are no complications.
How much does MyRepublic charge for on-site installation?
MyRepublic charges S$53.50 for its installation service.
Can I use my own router with MyRepublic broadband plans?
Yes, you can. Just make sure that your router is Gigabit ready.
What is the minimum contract period?
MyRepublic offers a 1Gbps broadband plan with no contract. They also have 1Gbps and 2Gbps plans with 24-month contracts.
Will I get charged for relocating to a new home address?
Customers who need to relocate to a new address are subject to the following fees:
- NetLink Trust service activation fee for all new and relocating customers (S$56.71)
- MyRepublic relocation charge (S$58)
- NetLink Trust fibre termination point installation for high rise building (S$160.50) or landed property (S$288.90)