iMoney Privacy and Personal Data Protection Policy Statement
After all, making intelligent decisions is what iMoney is all about.
If you are only browsing this website, we do not capture data that allows us to identify you individually. Unless you are using or registering for services from or through iMoney, you remain anonymous when you browse this website.
iMoney collects personal information from you when you access, use and/or register for our services, for example, to obtain comparative quotes on credit card loans; when applying for a financial product detailed on our website; or to process a transaction between you and a third party. This includes when you provide information to us by messaging or communicating with our representatives or Chatbot. The personal information which may be collected includes your name, address, phone number, email address or I/C number, and other information that may render you identifiable.
We may collect, use and/or disclose the personal information provided to us for the following purposes:
- To provide and improve our services to you and other users, including informing you of any change or updates in our services, and to carry out research such as analysing market trends and customer demographics;
- To refer you to or direct your query to financial institution(s) or such other persons (or their authorised representatives) specified by you when completing the application form(s) on our website;
- To enable financial institutions or other third parties (or their authorised representatives) to contact and assist you if you have expressed interest in their products or services;
- To personalise our service to you;
- For verification purposes, or to request any additional information that is relevant to delivering the product or fulfilling the service you have applied for;
- To send you our newsletter;
- To send you marketing communications relating to products and services which we think may be of interest to you;
- For targeted online marketing;
- For internal administrative and management purposes;
- To contact you regarding any complaints, feedback, queries, requests, claims or disputes;
- To facilitate investigations into any suspicious or illegal activity on the website;
- Where required by any act, statute, law, or regulation, rules, directives, or by the order of a government authority or a court or tribunal of competent jurisdiction;
- To protect and enforce our contractual and legal rights and obligations;
- Such other purposes consented to by you for which your personal information is collected; and/or
- Any other purpose reasonably related to the aforesaid.
As we rely on your personal information to provide our services to you, you should ensure that all information provided to us is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
iMoney may disclose and transfer personal data to third parties such as financial institutions, brokers, lenders and other money and financial service providers whose products are listed on our website, and/or their authorized representatives. Such disclosures will only be made when we have obtained your consent.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties whom we have engaged to provide our services, to maintain this website or to protect the security or integrity of this website and our databases. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to ensure that such third parties do not use your personal information for a purpose other than the purposes for which the personal information was originally given.
Where appropriate, we will take reasonable security safeguards to protect your personal information against loss or theft, as well as unauthorised access, disclosure, copying, destruction, use or modification. However, as no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be completely secure, we cannot guarantee the security of data that you choose to send us electronically, and you send such information at your own risk. We do not accept liability for the security, authenticity, integrity or confidentiality of any transaction and other communications made through the website.
Internet communications may be susceptible to interference or interception by third parties. Despite our best efforts, we make no warranties that the website is free of viruses or other unauthorised software.
You should also take appropriate steps to keep your information, software and equipment secure. This includes clearing your Internet browser cookies and cache before and after using any services on the website.
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that your information is accurate, complete, not misleading and up-to-date, consistent with the purpose for which the information was collected.
Please write to us if you would like to access or correct personal information that is inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or not up-to-date. We will use reasonable efforts to accommodate requests for access and information changes.
Any electronic marketing communications we send to you will include clear and concise instructions to follow should you wish to unsubscribe at any time.
You can also ask us at any time to stop passing your information to third parties for marketing purposes, and we will cease to do so.
This website may contain hyperlinks to and from other Internet websites, content and services. Information collected by such third parties is governed by their privacy policies or practices. We encourage you to familiarise yourself with the privacy policies of those third parties.
This website automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, cookie information, and the page(s) requested. This information may be used to improve the overall user experience.
A cookie is a very small text file placed on your computer. Cookies help us to:
- understand browsing habits on this website;
- understand the number of visitors to this website and the pages visited; and
- remember you when you return to this website so we can provide you with a better browsing experience.
Most cookies are deleted as soon as you close your browser, these are known as session cookies. Others, known as persistent cookies, are stored on your computer either until you delete them or they expire. By accessing this website or using our services, you consent to us using cookies.
This website uses the following cookies:Google Analytics
The Google Analytics cookie allows us to see information on user website activity including, but not limited to page views, referral and average time spent on the website. The information is de-personalised and is displayed as numbers, meaning it will not be tracked back to individuals, which helps to protect your privacy. Using Google Analytics we can see what content is popular on our website, and strive to ensure you have the best user experience possible.DoubleClick
We use Google Analytics remarketing codes to log when users view specific pages or take specific actions on the website. This allows us to provide targeted advertising in the future.
You can choose to block or delete cookies through your browser settings. If you decide to block or delete our cookies, you may not be able to benefit from the full range of our Services and this may affect the performance of our website on your system.